Monday, June 28, 2010

Sorority Convention

So before in the post I left on Monday I said I would talk about some of the stuff that happened at my sorority convention.

We stayed at the Sheraton, which was great, but I think they are used to conventions. Nothing was comp. We bought all the food, minus what was paid in registration.

Overall, it was a great experience and I'm grateful to have had the chance to go. Already,I am planning to volunteer at the next one in two years. I met alumni and past national staff who have been coming to these for as many as fifty years. My sorority made business cards so I feel like we did a good job of networking. The best part of the trip was meeting people who have always appeared to me as distant figures who just barely exist (and certainly would never be able to help with my chapter) and getting to know them. Now I feel much more confident in going to them and encouraging my sisters to go to them for help. I also enjoyed meeting so many of my sisters and getting an idea of what kind of organization we have.


We did a philanthropy party where we put together baskets to donate to the Ronald McDonald house, and it was a huge success. Everyone who came donated items and we put together 175 baskets.





Also, we had several speakers, including an alumni, and two alumni from other Greek organizations.

It was a great trip and it inspired to make my sorority the best that it can be. If anyone has the chance to do something similar, please do it. I'm not saying that there weren't fallbacks; especially when it came to procedures during general session, and I left feeling extremely tired. But it was all worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment